Tips For Using QuickBooks on All Devices
The best version of QuickBooks is the version for Windows. It was designed and optimized to be the ultimate way to use the software. That’s not great when you aren’t working on a PC with Windows because you get the lesser version of QuickBooks designed for Mac or even QuickBooks Online. There are many complaints about different version of QuickBooks and here is a way to avoid those issues.
When you want to use the Windows version of QuickBooks on a Chromebook, iPad, Tablet or Mac there are some ways around their limitations. Typically, a Chromebook, iPad and Tablet don’t have the power to run QuickBooks nor do they have a version of QuickBooks that is compatible with their system unless you want to utilize QuickBooks Online. That’s where the cloud comes in.
With a cloud solution, you have the ability to host your QuickBooks software and then access the software through a web browser or application. You can host the most up to date version of the software and get instant access to your files. It is easy to get started and it just takes a few steps.
1. Buy a License: The first step for every future QuickBooks user is to buy a license to the software. You aren’t going to get very far if you don’t have the software. The license can be purchased from QuickBooks or from a reseller to ensure that you are getting a version of the software that is legal to use. Your cloud hosting provider will not host software that you got through illegal means so make sure you have the right software.
2. Choose A Cloud Host: The next step is to choose a cloud hosting solution. It is recommended that you use a private and dedicated cloud server because it gives you the best security. Your QuickBooks will contain very sensitive information so you need a cloud provider that meets your compliance standards. Meanwhile, all your clients or your business gets its own space for its data and doesn’t run the risk of being found by other cloud users.
3. Get your files onto the cloud: Typically, your cloud provider handles this portion. They will upload your data and make sure your environment is ready to use.
4. Onboarding: Once they’ve done that they will teach you have to access your software. This portion will differ depending on the computer or tablet you are using. For example, a computer that has the required browser will be able to handle your software through a web browser. A Mac, iPad, or tablet will have to access your cloud through an application.
You will be able to download an application that gives you access to the cloud you use. Once that is installed, you can login through your web client and get access to your files. Your users will be able to enjoy instant access to their files from any location with an Internet access.
5. Enjoy being able to use the cloud on any device you own: Your cloud isn’t specific to the device you own. Just because you got your QuickBooks on the cloud to use it on your tablet at home, it doesn’t mean that’s the only device you can use to work.
Looking for the right cloud for your QuickBooks hosting? We’ve got the best solution. Sign up for a 30-Day Test Drive!
Leave a Reply
You must belogged in to post a comment.