Employee Spotlight: Mark Gezerseh
Mark is one of Trapp Technology’s most experienced Technical Support Engineers. Learn more about Mark and his role at the support floor and his engagement with our customers.
Mark Gezerseh, Technical Support Engineer, Trapp Technology
1. Describe your job at Trapp Technology.
Well, I get to work every morning early for the fun elevator ride which takes me up into the clouds. Once I’m up there I get to work, resolving escalated tickets, conducting email migrations, creating training materials, training new hires and drinking lots of Green Tea.
2. How do you describe what you do for a living to your friends?
Easy, I tell them I work in the cloud and then I expand a little bit in regards to what SaaS and IaaS are.
3. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Originally, I wanted to fly in the Air Force. One I got my hands on my first computer at the age of 10, I knew I would be working with computers for the rest of my life.
4. If you could trade places with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Orville or Wilbur Wright because I think it would have been awesome to be the first person to have successfully flown an airplane.
5. What’s the last book you read in its entirety?
The last one I read is Routing and Switching by Wendell Odom.
6. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I love watching two tennis players battle it out.
7. What’s your ideal travel destination?
White sandy beaches, I’m not picky.
8. Where can we find you when you’re not working?
Well you better be moving because that’s what I will be doing, whether it’s Trail Running, Hiking, Swimming, or working out at the gym.
9. Where did you grow up? What do you love about it?
Orange County, California. I loved the great weather and going to the beach every day in the summer.
10. What could you not get through the day without?
My dog Mr. Weebles.
11. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
My sister being born, hands down.
12. What was your first job, and would you do it again if you had to?
Italian restaurant when I was 16 years old. I was a waiter and I also made deliveries. The part I remember most was cleaning the greasy rubber mats in the kitchen area every night. Loved the job, don’t miss the cleaning part but I would do it again.
13. What characteristics do you admire in others?
14. What is your favorite movie?
Swordfish, I love John Travolta movies in general.
15. How do you want to be remembered?
As someone inspirational.
16. What has been your proudest moment thus far with Trapp Technology?
Earning my CCNA and receiving the Employee of the Month award.
17. What are you most passionate about professionally?
Learning something new every single day. I love the quote by Gandhi which goes “Learn as if you were going to live forever, live as if you were going to die tomorrow.”
18. What do you think sets Trapp Technology apart from the competition?
Being able to support a vast array of cloud services at a high level. Trapp Technology is second to none when it comes to being a true one stop shop for cloud services.